Tamim Al Na’as , Deputy Secretary General
Supreme Council of Local Administration – Libya
Within the framework of the strategic vision set by the Ministry of Local Government of the Government of National Unity.
And based on what is authorized by Law (59) of 2012 for the local administration and its executive regulations for the General Secretariat of the Supreme Council of Local Administration.
Where the legislation of the local administration gave the secretariat the tasks and competencies of developing and building capacities of the employees of all municipalities.
The Ministry’s objectives were:
- Transfer of competencies
- Activate the local revenue regulation
- Building local capacity
- Activate environmental sanitation
In order to achieve these goals, the General Secretariat of the Supreme Council for Local Administration has been working on developing a plan to build the capacity of municipal cadres that will work on those goals.
The Secretariat built partnerships with international institutions and worked with them as an integrated team to implement that plan.
Among the most important partnerships was the German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ) / Nicosia Initiative
Kehl University / International Cooperation Agency of the Association of Dutch Municipalities (VNG).
As a result of this work, nearly (400) municipal employees were trained.
In the following areas:
|preparing the trainers
|Preparing the leaders of the local administration
This was in parallel with the work on establishing the Municipal Development Center and supporting decentralization.
|Tunisia / Libya / Italy
|Cabinet Resolution No. (617) establishing the center 11/21/2021
Read the other articles of the first newsletter:
1. Activate change to address local needs – Mattia Gottardi, Councilor responsible for Local authorities and relations with the Province Council, Autonomous Province of Trento
2. Better services to the people for stability, peace and prosperity in Libya – Sandra Goffin, Head of Cooperation, Delegation of the European Union to Libya
4. Friuli Venezia Giulia region in the “REBUILD” project – Presidency of the Friuli Venezia Giulia Region, General direction, International Relations and European Programming Service
5. The training proposed by the Centre for International Cooperation – Andrea Anselmi, Senior training and facilitation officer, International Cooperation Centre